Type: The Chevrolet Bolt is a 5 seater full electric Hatchback that is the only EV vehicle in the brand’s lineup. The Bolt compares against full EV and hybrid rivals such as the Tesla Model 3, the Toyota Prius, the Nissan Leaf, the Hyundai Kona EV.
IZEV $5000 Credit in Ontario
Vehicle Insurance Rates
The Bolt EV 2020 is an awesome deal if you get the vehicle with a preferred price discount, or factoring in the $5000 Ontario government rebate. The vehicle skimps on some tech features in lieu of ‘electric fuel economy’, however it you plan on driving more than 30,000km/ year, the premium paid for a full EV vehicle, ends up starting to save you $. This vehicle is the closest EV option from a range standpoint, to the more expensive Tesla Model 3.
Chevrolet Bolt 2020 Canada specs:
Type: EV Hatchback
Seating: 5 passengers
Price: CDN $44,998
Fuel economy: Full EV, up to 417 KM per charge
Horsepower: 200 hp
Engine: 149 kW electric motor
Highlights for the Chevrolet Bolt 2020
- Gains an additional 37 km over last year’s model
- Higher definition cameras in the rear and front
- From the same generation of Chevrolet Bolt EV introduced in 2017
Pros & Cons
- Excellent range
- Very large feeling cabin because of an ‘electric powertrain’
- Instant torque makes the vehicle pull and accelerate instantly
- Great handling
- Available for government rebate in Ontario
- Vehicle slides around on wet pavement because of the instant torque available in the electric engine
- Ride comfort is stiff
- Not large enough for a ‘frunk’ – front storage compartment
- Expensive premium for a full electric vehicle, and uncertain resale value. The vehicle is about 8000 more than a similarly specc’d Toyota Prius, and will take about 5.3 years to pay off the extra premium for a full EV vehicle, driving at 20,000km/year. At 30,000km a year, you’ll start saving money after 3.5 years.
- Most Canadians only keep their vehicle for 5 years
Check out this fuel calculator to see if an EV or hybrid will be a good investment for you, depending on the KM you drive/year
See Dealer Pricing Report
Want to know what a dealer paid for your vehicle? You can see the incentives, price, and information on this car with a FREE dealer invoice cost report from UnhaggleGet my FREE Dealer Cost Report Powered by
To learn more about other EV & Hybrid vehicles, click here.
Check out the official Chevrolet site here.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Archived 2020 Chevrolet Bolt Offers
Want to see learn more about the vehicle?