Type: The Chevrolet Traverse is a 7 seater SUV in Chevrolet’s lineup, which is small than the Chevrolet Suburban, and Chevrolet Tahoe. The Traverse competes against the Honda Pilot, Volkswagen Atlas, Subaru Ascent, Dodge Durango, Ford Explorer, & Nissan Pathfinder.
Vehicle Insurance Rates
The Traverse 2020 is a great vehicle if you need space for 7, and a reliable engine for towing a trailer or just hauling a family. At the cost of the power-train, the vehicle is less equipped with features compared to the competition, and makes it pricey to equip it with the standard safety features we’d like.
Seating: 7 passengers
Price: CDN $36,098
Fuel economy: FWD 8.8/13.0 L/100 KM (city/highway), AWD 9.6/13.6 L/100 KM (city/highway)
Horsepower: 310 hp
Engine: 3.6L V6
Highlights for the 2020 Chevrolet Traverse
- Improved base navigation and infotainment system
- Part of the second generation of Traverse, released in 2018
- Improved base engine to 3.6L V6 for better power and towing
Pros & Cons
- 3rd row is quite spacious for the size of the SUV
- Infotainment system is excellent – with WIFI packages available ( for around $10/GB Canadian)
- Far more aggressive looking than previous generations
- We wish there were more basic safety features on the base models
- Not as feature rich as the Nissan Pathfinder or Honda Pilot
- Vehicle is not often available for a competitive lease payment, compared to other 7 seaters.
To learn more about other 7 seater SUV’s, click here.
Check out the official Chevrolet site here.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Archived 2020 Chevrolet Traverse Offers
Want to see the vehicle?