Type: The GMC Acadia is a 5-7 seater SUV/crossover that sits between the GMC Terrain & Yukon in size. It is similar in size to the Kia Sorento, Chevrolet Traverse, Honda Pilot, Hyundai Santa Fe, & Mazda CX9.
Vehicle Insurance Rates
The Acadia 2020 has last it’s place in GM’s 7 seater lineup. With far more cargo room available in the 2020 Traverse, for a cheaper base price – the GMC often comes up short in pricing for most months. This is a finance heavy vehicle, with below average resale value. If you’re looking for a well equipped 7 seater from GM, the XT6 lease payment is similar and provides better entry luxury.
Seating: 5-7 passengers
Price: CDN $37,098
Fuel economy: 11.3/8.9 L/100km (city/highway)
Horsepower: 230 hp – 310 hp
Engine: 2.5L Turbo 4 Cylinder or 3.6L V6 Engine, both with a 9 speed transmission
Highlights for the GMC Acadia 2020
- 2.0L Turbo engine provides better midrange engine performance
- Better fuel economy than last year’s model because of a 9 speed transmission compared to a 6 speed transmission
- Restyled front grille and flatter more aggressive looking front headlights
- Refreshed the 2017 second generation model styling
Pros & Cons
- V6 engine feels powerful and shifts well with the 9 speed transmission
- Driving quality feels excellent
- Tough to find availability of all available new trims
- Base engine is definitely not powerful enough for a full load
- Vehicle only feels well equipped on the Denali level
- The profile of the vehicle is smaller than its model prior to 2017- which means limited cargo space for a 7 seater, and a cramped 3rd row.
See Dealer Pricing Report
Want to know what a dealer paid for your vehicle? You can see the incentives, price, and information on this car with a FREE dealer invoice cost report from UnhaggleGet my FREE Dealer Cost Report Powered by
To learn more about other 5 seater SUV’s, click here. The Acadia is also available in a 6 or 7 seat configuration.
Check out the official GMC site here.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Want to see the vehicle?