Type: The GMC Sierra 1500 is a full size pickup truck, notably larger than it’s little brother, the GMC Canyon. The Sierra competes directly against the Chevrolet Silverado, Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra, Dodge Ram 1500, and Ford F150.
Vehicle Insurance Rates
The 2020 Sierra is a versatile truck that offers different engine options for all driving or towing needs. There are plenty of new appearance packages and trim levels available in the city for 2020, however they come at an added price, and tougher availability.
Type: Full Size Pickup
Seating: 5-6 passengers
Price: Starting from CDN $31,798
Fuel economy:14.3/10.6 L/100km (city and highway)
Horsepower: 285 hp, 310 hp, 355 hp, 420 hp, 277hp
Engine: 4.3L V6, 2.7L Turbo V4, 5.3L V8, 6.2L V8, 3.0L V6 Diesel Engine
Highlights for the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500
- New 3.0L Diesel engine available, as well as a 2.7L Turbo that was specially designed for the truck
- Bed cameras and trailer camera improvements – great for hitching!
- 10 speed transmission now available
- More inventory available in the GTA this year
Pros & Cons
- High resale value and residual value which means a great lease payment
- The V8 engine is hugely fuel economic, and can shut down to 2 cylinders depending on the driving requirements. This means you always have the right amount of power and save on fuel
- Great looking entry level elevation trims
- Plenty of standard tie downs and great towing cameras and infotainment features to make hitching much easier.
- Way too many trims! GM Canada offers far too many customization options on their trucks, with different trims, packages, and options. This means the inventory that is sent out in their regional marketing is usually tough to find in stock. It’s also difficult to compare these trucks against other dealer trims or brands if you’re trying to figure out which may be a better deal for you.
- More expensive than other full size trucks for less standard features
- Interior isn’t as impressive as Dodge’s new Ram 1500 design
To learn more about other pickup trucks, click here.
Check out the official GMC site here.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Want to see the vehicle?