Type: The GMC Terrain is a 5 seater SUV/crossover that is the smallest in GMC’s lineup. The vehicle competes against the Hyundai Tucson, Chevrolet Equinox, Kia Sportage, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4, Nissan Qashqai, & Mazda CX 5.
Vehicle Insurance Rates
The Terrain 2020 is an interesting 5 seater SUV because it has a higher than average base price, with not a tonne of standard features. Upon first glance, there are better finance options, however if you’re looking to lease, the Denali (top of the line) trim leases so well, it actually becomes a cheaper payment than the Honda’s or Toyota’s! This vehicle is an exceptional deal when you consider this.
Type: Compact Crossover/SUV
Seating: 5 passengers
Price: CDN $31,098
Fuel economy: FWD (9.2/7.8 L/100 km city/highway), and AWD (11.2/9.8 L/100 km city/highway)
Horsepower: 170 hp – 252 hp
Engine: 1.5L Turbo 4 Cylinder or 2.0L Turbo 4-cylinder
Highlights for the GMC Terrain 2020
- Diesel configuration is no longer available
- Improved standard safety equipment, including pedestrian detection, forward collision alert, blind zone monitoring and lane keep assist.
- Minor grille styling updates – from the second generation of Terrain that was released in 2018
- Elevation edition is less than $1000, and adds black rims and styling across the vehicle – what a great looking vehicle for not much $
Pros & Cons
- Interior feels well put together
- Quiet cabin
- Extremely quick infotainment system – phone pairing is almost instant!
- 2.0L Turbo engine is powerful
- Base engine is a little skimpy
- Options and packages begin to make the vehicle more pricey than others in the class. (Heated steering wheel is only available on the SLT trim)
- Cargo space is slightly smaller than others in class
- Real world fuel economy is way off
See Dealer Pricing Report
Want to know what a dealer paid for your vehicle? You can see the incentives, price, and information on this car with a FREE dealer invoice cost report from UnhaggleGet my FREE Dealer Cost Report Powered by
Match with A Top GMC Consultant Near You
Quickly match with the top reps of your desired brand. Conquest actively works with the top 10% of sales consultants in the city based on dealership reviews, monthly performance.
To learn more about other 5 seater SUV’s, click here.
Check out the official GMC site here.
See all the deals of the month on our main article.
Archived 2020 GMC Terrain Offers
Want to see the vehicle?