The 2020 GX 460 is a full size 7 seater SUV that excels at offroading, however is at the bottom of the list if you’re seeking a fuel efficient and practical SUV for the family. The engine is below par compared to other vehicles in this segment, and the 2020 model is due for a refresh. If you want to learn about other brands and models, click here.
2020 Lexus GX 460 Canada specs:
Type: Full Size SUV
Seating: 7 passengers
Price: Starting from CDN $75,950
Fuel economy: 16.2/12.3 (CITY/HIGHWAY L/100KM)
Horsepower: 301 hp
Engine: 4.6 L V8 Engine with a towing capacity of 6500 pounds
The Lexus GX 460 has one of the least impressive engines in the category that is outdated and not a good choice for city or highway driving.
Highlights for the 2020 Lexus GX 460
- All trims come standard with the Lexus Safety System+
- That’s a fancy way of saying that Lexus has put in tech to reduce the 3 most common accidents, with forward collision and pedestrian detection (including automatic front braking), dynamic cruise control, lane departure alert, and automatic highbeams. Check out the video below to learn more about the system
Pros & Cons
- Infotainment and controls are simple to use
- Standard safety technology is excellent
- The vehicle can come equipped with comprehensive offroad packages if you care to go offroading and rock climbing, however most drivers are using this to get their kids to the next sporting event…
- The engine quite frankly does not make sense – with poor fuel economy, awful power for a V8 engine, and a 6 speed automatic transmission you’ll find the vehicle is slow to accelerate, and not as smooth as other vehicle’s between shifts. The Ford explorer in this segment has a twin turbocharged V6 engine that has a similar tow capacity, more power, and far better fuel economy
- Uncomfortable seats
- Very limited amount of cargo space and squished 3rd row seating for adults
To learn more about other 7 seater SUV’s, click here.
Check out the official Lexus site here.